Thursday, September 9, 2010

Lately...

...if you could decipher my previous post, you know that our laptop has been in the shop. Which means that I haven't been able to post pictures of all the fun crafty things I've done. Add a computer to the list of things we'd like to replace, along with our ac. Ugh. New furniture and clothes are so much more fun. Speaking of which...

...I finally caved and bought patio furniture! On clearance, of course. Which makes me that much more excited about fall weather and reading outside every. single. day.

...I've started running again. This happens about every three months. But this time it's for real. No really.

...we've had a very social calendar, especially this week. Tuesday morning I had ten ladies over from a Bible study I'm co-leading at church. I'll just say it's a change from the college students we usually have. And tonight our new Forge student came over to meet us - so fun! We have the same name. And her middle name is my mom's name. And we were born in the same month. Then, of course, we had to go watch the Saints' game with our dear friends who have Tivo. Who dat! You're the only team I would root for against Brett Favre. Except maybe the Titans.

...I'm finally getting into Don Quixote. Kind of. But I really am trying.

...I want it to be Christmas just so I have an excuse to listen the the Andrew Peterson Christmas CD. Clint found out that he's coming to Corsicana in December to do his Christmas concert, and we will most definitely be there.

...I've had to discipline a few of my students. It's kind of funny. I really don't get upset at them at all, but I know I have to be stern so they don't get out of control or because their parents have asked me to. If only they knew how much I just want to laugh.

...I have been so excited about getting into a "normal" fall routine. I absolutely love camp in the fall, I love my work schedule, I love that I have a husband home in the evenings (for a month, anyway), that small groups at church have started back up, the all the fun holidays are coming up, that I can run outside at all times of the day, that working in the yard is actually fun again. It's the perfect amount of busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment