Our trip was wonderful, very impactful, and, to say the least, information overload. The trip is not designed to be a "let's-walk-in-all-the-exact-same-places-Jesus-walked" kind of trip. It's more of a using-the-land-to-study-the-text kind of trip. Which I believe makes for a much more long-term impacting, transformative trip.
It also means I have a lot to process. I think the best way to share about it is going to be the same way the trip was structured - one story at a time, teaching as you go. So now that I've spent the last 3 weeks catching up on life and wrapping up my Bible study at church, I'm hoping next week to start working through my notes, one day at a time, and using my blog as an outlet to share some of the things we saw and learned. Stay tuned!
One of the great parts about coming home was that East Texas seemed to have switched from winter to spring overnight! We pulled back into the camp parking lot 3 weeks ago to find everything covered in a blanket of yellow. My voice disappeared about an hour later. But who can complain about spring? Especially when you come to home to this your front porch:
Then coming home a few weeks later from our vacation-from-our-vacation at the lake to find this:
As of yesterday they were fully feathered...
And today they're gone!
Which makes me think of my new favorite parenting quote:
The greatest gift a parent can give a child is roots and wings.
Glad that yall are back and had a great trip! PS super jealous of the birds. I love watching the process! :)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to read your "processing."
ReplyDeleteI like your springy background!
Ditto what Misti said!
ReplyDeletelove the nest pics, I'm also excited to read about your processing! :)
ReplyDelete