Whew, life has been busy. Camp, tutoring, nine people sleeping at our home, camp, Wicked, college kids at Starbucks, on my couch, over for dinner, over for coffee, leading a Bible study, attending another Bible study, camp... It's been a really fun season, but I'm exhausted, and I'm glad that it's just that - a season.
Back in early spring, I found the cutest idea ever on this blog, and it's become my new favorite default baby gift. Letters!
For Clint's niece and nephew, I made their names. I tried to match the fabric scraps to their rooms, and I used chocolate brown corduroy for the backing.
For my niece I had four months instead of four days, so I did the whole alphabet, mainly with scraps I already had. (I made sure to do her name in pinks and greens.)
I'm not sure yet whether the kids like them as much as I do, but I think they're adorable. And multi-functional. I would hang them on a clothesline or ribbon in a child's room to decorate, or color-coordinate the vowels and consonants to help with learning. You could do capital letters, lowercase letters, and numbers, and really, you could use any font you wanted.
As far as fabric goes, I bought an eighth of a yard of several fabrics, and then used scraps I already had. An eighth of a yard is enough for the front of 6 or 7 letters. Also, a friend made them with felt in the middle instead of batting, and it's just as cute and a little less fuzzy and complicated.
Very cute! I need to make some for Peyton and Alli.
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you're still here and surviving the (undoubtedly) insane Texas heat!
super cute!!!! Can I put them in a grown up room?
ReplyDelete