Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Lately...

...I have been keeping our house stocked with freshly cut hydrangeas from our backyard. Amazing.

...I have started running more regularly. It amazes me what a roller coaster this is. One day I can feel so in shape, and the next day I'm falling apart after a mile.

...I've used a sprinkler for the first time in our yard. For some reason it feels like a rite of passage into adulthood.

...I have not been cooking. Yay for summer camp! When we only have to eat one meal a week at home, I'm much more motivated to put forth effort.

...I have been in social mode, which I guess is a good thing since there are hundreds of new college kids in town.

...I have been reminded of exactly how much I sweat in the summers here. It truly never stops. I'm not even really sure why we take showers these three months.

...Clint and I have been talking about whether to go to Israel in the spring with a group from camp. Exciting? Scary?

...I have put on sunscreen more than I have probably in the past ten years. I've decided to embrace the whiteness and avoid skin cancer at all costs. It's not like I would tan, anyway.

...I've been avoiding all stores except Wal-Mart because I'm just in the mood to buy stuff....very dangerous.

...I've been grateful for the friends we've made over the past year. It's nice to compare where we are now to the beginning of last summer and realize how much deeper our relationships are.

3 comments:

  1. You and your interesting lists! :) Can't wait to do some socializing and sweating down there with y'all in a couple of weeks!

    It doesn't matter to me whether or not you keep our blog on your blogroll. People won't be able to view it without an invitation regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sprinklers are for grown ups
    trust me, sweating IS the reason you keep taking showers in the summer. Remember Turkey?
    Israel = awesome
    I'm trying to imagine you tan and it makes me laugh
    you can buy a lot of stuff at Wal-Mart

    ReplyDelete
  3. fresh flowers make a house feel good, hydrangeas are a great choice.

    how is it possible that you haven't had to water your yard before? since i have a love-hate relationship with my yard - i love for it to look good, but hate to do any of the work required for it - i also hate sprinklers. (but am really excited for you & wish you luck, haha!)

    i'm so glad to hear you're in social mode & are hanging out with college students in town! you are so good at spending time with people & making them feel valuable!

    sweating is the worst, the reason i hope to never live any further south than where i am now.

    definitely go to israel.

    i have been wanting to buy stuff lately too, but have not been restricting myself to wal-mart. oops.

    it makes me SO HAPPY so hear about your friends there! just talking to you on the phone the other day & reading this, i can feel an uplift in your tone. you seem happy, and that makes me happy :)

    have i won the award for longest comment yet? haha

    ReplyDelete