Saturday, July 10, 2010

Windows

My new crafty infatuation: windows.

(And my new favorite quote: "A house without books is like a room without windows.")

I've been on the hunt for several months now, but they are surprisingly expensive, and, cheap as I am, I decided to adhere to the Holdout Principle. And it's finally paid off. My neighbor's in-laws are involved in some non-profit that fixes up old houses and brought down several old windows from Memphis on their last Texas visit. Yay! AND my grandmother found this gem in a distant cousin's barn and got it for me.
Jackpot.

What am I going to do with them?

No clue.

I think they look cool on their own, but I get that it could be a little over the top to have an old window up in every room of the house.

So...here are some of my favorite ideas:
A cabinet door - love it. And I've never built anything in my life, but I think even I could build this little guy.


  This is probably the one I'll do first. Super practical. I had already thought of the bulletin board and chalkboard (using chalkboard paint), but now I'm even more attached to the galvanized buckets.


 A table top. You would definitely have to have the right sized window, but very cute. And easy.

I have a few more ideas up my sleeve, but I'm going to keep my mouth shut for now, because you might be getting one for Christmas...

1 comment:

  1. #2 is my favorite. I love old windows too! I got one for $5, put a picture hanging system on it, and put it over the head of our bed. I've seen a lot of coffee tables like the one you showed. So cute!! And yeah, the cabinet door would be easy. But I loooove #2.

    And yes...girls weekend :)

    ReplyDelete