Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Summer Update

Whew! This summer has been a whirlwind. Ten weeks down; three to go. I think we're gonna make it. In addition to the craziness of summer camp, we've had lots of out of town company, several weekend trips, many many students wanting summer tutoring, not to mention the tiny person growing in my belly! Sleep has become a very treasured commodity.

All that to say, I can't complain. It has been a very sweet, relational summer. Clint and I got to take a wonderful trip to Ft. Worth for our 5th anniversary (has it really been that long?!) that felt way longer than the 48 hours it was. The college staff this summer feel like dear old friends and will be sorely missed in three weeks. And of course we're so excited about the Little One coming in December (and thankful that my body seems to be handling the whole process fairly well so far). Other tidbits...
  •  I've recently become addicted to Pinterest. Easily more addicting than Facebook, and much more productive. (Window shopping IS productive, right?)
  • Partly fueled by the above, my nesting instinct is in high gear. It's taken two forms: wanting to donate half our belongings to Goodwill, and wanting to fix everything in our house I don't absolutely love. Right now this is mainly our kitchen and living room areas. Tonight I took everything off the walls and put it in a closet to see if I could try to stimulate some mantle/shades/wall-hanging inspiration. I'll keep you updated.
  • Clint and I switched sides of the bed yesterday. It kind of makes me feel like I'm camping in the living room under a blanket fort. We decided we should do this every five years.
  • I think today was about #27 in a row of above-100-degree temperature. My plants are thirsty and scorched, and I, who usually love summer until the second week of August, could not be more ready for cooler temperatures.We're going to spend some time in Colorado when camp is over, and we could not be more excited. (I have to admit I'm also excited about getting to spend a week in sweatpants; my clothes seems to be increasingly uncomfortable.)
I've had fun the last few days catching up on blog world! Hopefully life will have a little more breathing room in the coming weeks...

1 comment:

  1. Pinterest is legit!

    Isn't it AMAZING being pregnant in the hottest summer in years? :)

    The switching sides of the bed comment...SO TRUE! We swapped early this year, and that's the perfect way to describe it. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete