Thursday, August 18, 2011

Nursery Ideas

After months of changing my mind every few weeks (let's be honest - days), I think I've finally settled on some things for the nursery. (Yea! I've secretly been wanting to decorate a nursery for years.) I definitely wanted to do the big things gender neutral, and the more I look at other ideas, I just have to go with bright colors. They make me happy. Soft and pretty are fun to look at, but it just doesn't fit with us.

This house in Southern Living is my color inspiration. Not a surprise, since all the other bedrooms in our house are blue and green, but the turquoise and lime green just seem fun and versatile.



After ordering and returning one crib bedding set already, I finally got my heart set on this one from Pottery Barn, only to realize it's backordered until December 5. Eek! So of course I ordered it immediately. It's super simple, but I could not be more excited.


Cribs have been a tad overwhelming, as they really look all the same to me. It seems like the only choice to make is white or wood. So...we're going with wood.

Those are the only final decisions so far. The rest is just for dreaming right now...

A friend has this mobile and I'm pretty much in love with it. We'll just have to wait and see how much we're willing to splurge.

If I could choose any "theme," it would definitely be children's books. I just love them, and no, I can't pick just one. So right now, anything that has to do with children's books goes. I'll probably find an old children's books and frame pages in white gallery frames. In the meantime, some other fun ideas I've seen:

Pottery Barn has this new Eric Carle collection. But I would totally get a friend to paint these....

Possibly my favorite idea yet (forgive the giveaway side; it's the only upclose pic I could get)...


Of course there are many more details like curtains, a little turquoise rug, maybe a DIY burlap-covered lamp. But right now I feel extremely productive - bedding ordered, crib will be ordered by the end of the week, and the future nursery is emptied out and waiting to be filled. It's starting to get a little more real!

4 comments:

  1. I looooove the Aslan prints! Way to get a head start. Nursery planning was so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this what you were talking about at my house?? So sorry I wasn't caught up on the blog! I LOVE lime & turquoise, it's perfectly gender neutral & perfectly fits yours & Clint's personalities! The green & white bedding is ADORABLE! Love all of the ideas! That's a great theme idea, children's books....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw those Caterpiller prints the other week and loved them! They don't match our nursery theme, but maybe when we move to a "bigger boy" room I'll find a large board copy of the book and use the pages to make some of these wall hangings.
    LOVE the ideas! Your baby's going to have the cutest room ever. And where is that mobile from?! Too cute =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. V - The mobile is from blablakids.com. Their stuff is kind of pricey, but absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete